Courier Companies Already Stop By — Offer Parcel Pickup to Your Customers
Six weeks ago we drafted an idea for offering a free pickup service to our regular customers. Then, earlier this week when we saw the rise of Penguin Pickup at 60 big box centres across Canada, we knew we had to go public with this. This is a sensitive area for many of us, since online shopping is what’s killing many of our stores. But we felt it was worth a try in our community. We’ll let you know how it turns out.
Have you ever sat at work wondering if a small parcel delivering to your home is safe from theft? Or if it’s been left outside the door and blown away? We want to offer something to our regular customers as a free service on a trial basis. Have your order shipped to our store instead and pick it up on your lunch hour or on your way home from work. The rules are simple:
- Small parcels only.
- Make sure when you place your order online to include your name, our business name and our full address
- Phone or email us so we’ve got your name, phone contact info, and who the parcel is coming from.
- No CODs.
- No U.S. orders with customs duties and taxes owing.
- Note: we do not provide a signature to Canpar and Purolator.
- Pick it up as soon as possible.
- Nothing liquid, chemical, corrosive, explosive, illegal, etc.
- Out of respect to the store, nothing from Amazon, Abe Books, CBD, etc. unless it’s something we can’t get.
- No charge for this service to regular customers.
Wondering if this would work for you? Feel free to steal our graphic!